In 2002 the Jones Library completely transferred from the card catalog to a digital system. Cards from the card catalog were signed by authors and illustrators and then sold to raise money for the library. Here patrons are picking out what cards to…
Charles Green, Paul Harris, and Ray Stannard Baker stand in front of the Jones Library in 1935. A placard listing upcoming events is partially visible behind Baker.
The Amherst House Block stood at the corner of South Pleasant and Amity Streets. The Amherst House Hotel was in operation on the upper levels and a number of businesses were located on the street level. Note the Jones Library signs on the second…
Article about the history of the dwelling that was locally known as the "Doctors' House" on Amity Street in reference to the succession of doctors who had lived and practiced there over the years. A number of doctors are described, particularly Dr.…
View of Amity Street and Amherst Academy building, where Emily Dickinson went to school. The Academy building is three and one-half stories and federal style. The building was razed in 1868. Rev. David Parsons House is on the right. The Jones Library…