Browse Items (21 total)

  • Tags: Emily Dickinson

This building stood at the corner of Amity and North Pleasant Street. Samuel K. Orr remodeled it as a modern drug store and opened his shop there in 1859. According to the Springfield Republican (October 22, 1864 edition, page 8) William F. Gunn…

View east down the middle of Main Street with the First Congregational Church on the right and a section of one of the Dickinson houses on the left.

View of Main Street looking east, showing the William Austin Dickinson house and the Emily Dickinson house. People are standing on the sidewalk. This image shows the area near the current Sweetser Park.

View west on Main Street toward the center of town from about where the Dickinson Homestead is. Trees, hedges, and fences line the dirt sidewalks, and the road is unpaved and rutted.

Evergreens in winter.jpg
View of the William Austin Dickinson house from across Main Street and with snow on the ground.

Lithograph of the Dickinson Homestead on Main Street shortly after the Homestead was reacquired by Edward Dickinson.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2