Keily Brothers Ford Sales and Service is on the left and the Jones Library, when it was in operation in the Whipple House, is on the right. Next to the Jones Library is the delicatessen of Louis Pappas, and next to that is the house in which Pappas…
View of the corner of Amity and South Pleasant Streets after the fire of December 9, 1926. The ruins of the Amherst House are visible, as well as the east side of the Amherst Cinema building. The Jones Library was operating on the second floor of the…
Photograph taken from in front of the Whipple House on North Pleasant Street. The Jones Library operations moved into this house two days after the disastrous fire that destroyed the Amherst House in December of 1926. The elliptical window (barely…
This is the old fire station which stood on North Pleasant Street during its deconstruction. It was built in 1860 and razed in 1930. The gambrel roof of the new Jones Library building is visible in the background.