Fayerweather Laboratory at Amherst College

Image

lov0064_1.jpg

Title

Fayerweather Laboratory at Amherst College

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of the building that initially housed both the Chemistry and Physics Departments. Exterior view of the Laboratory from the bottom of a slope. Construction began in 1892 and was completed in 1894. The landscape around the building was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1894

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0064

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.9 x 6.1 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Fayerweather Laboratory at Amherst College,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 12, 2019, https://digitalamherst.org/items/show/153.