Notation on verso: "Breaking ground for the Jones Library July 25, 1927". An older man in suit and hat stands in frame right with his left foot on a shovel facing a young boy dressed in short pants in frame left who holds a long pole and looks at the…
The former Amherst Room which was converted to the Sidney Waugh room (now housing Technical Services) in 1968.This room once housed the library’s local authors collection, the Amherst imprint collection, and miscellaneous local history materials.