Stearns Chapel at Amherst College

Image

lov1007.jpg

Title

Stearns Chapel at Amherst College

Subject

Stereographs
Amherst (Mass.)

Description

Exterior view of Stearns Chapel. Construction was initiated in 1864 by a monetary gift of William F. Stearns. More funds were raised and construction took place beginning in 1870. The building was razed in 1949, except for the steeple, which stands at the entrance to the Mead Art Museum.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1873

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV1007

Original Format

Photograph

Condition

fair

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Stearns Chapel at Amherst College,” Digital Amherst, accessed November 22, 2019, https://digitalamherst.org/items/show/583.