Browse Items (100 total)

  • Collection: Edgar Scott Postcard Collection

Close-up colorized view of the North Amherst Library, with electric (?) poles in front and two buggies in back. On verso, a listing of the open hours for the library has been printed under the words, "The North Amherst Library and The Jones Library…

jl190_ edgar scott postcard, merchants' row before amherst house fire.jpg
Postcard showing Merchants' Row and nearby parked cars. Image of a full business block, cars, traffic indicator and edge of town common.

View of Factory Hollow Pond (now known as Puffers Pond) in the Cushman section of North Amherst.

Cook Fountain in Sweetser Park. Postcard was stamped August 18, 1915.

Exterior view of the Home for Aged Women in North Amherst.

View from Edgar Scott's room on the third floor of the Fisher Home on North Pleasant Street.

Panoramic postcard looking down at Easthampton with the Holyoke Mountain Range in the distance.

Panoramic postcard of College Hall and South Pleasant Street in Amherst.

Folding booklet of ten images used for postcards. The images are classic scenes of the town of Amherst. Originally sent as a birthday greeting to Eva M. Woodbury from Sarah Pierce. Stamp dated March 1912.

Book of postcards with scenes and buildings of the town of Amherst and colleges.

Book of postcards with scenes and buildings of Massachusetts Agricultural College, now UMASS Amherst.

Buildings along a dirt road, woods in background. Landscape is a sloping hill. The Montague City Rod Company made fishing rods.

Trolleys on the road to the Notch.

View of Prospect House on the summit of Mount Holyoke.

Children stand along the road, in South Hadley, near where roads diverge to Amherst and Granby.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2