Ruins of the Amherst House after the 1926 fire

Image

Amherst House fire.jpg

Title

Ruins of the Amherst House after the 1926 fire

Subject

Fires
Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of the corner of Amity and South Pleasant Streets after the fire of December 9, 1926. The ruins of the Amherst House are visible, as well as the east side of the Amherst Cinema building. The Jones Library was operating on the second floor of the Amherst House at the time of the fire. The Library operations subsequently moved into the Whipple House on North Pleasant Street until the present building was constructed.

Creator

Barnes, Lincoln W., 1879-1966

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

1926

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational uses, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the Jones Library Collection

Format

Image/jpg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

5 x 7 in.

Citation

Barnes, Lincoln W., 1879-1966, “Ruins of the Amherst House after the 1926 fire,” Digital Amherst, accessed December 11, 2017, http://digitalamherst.org/items/show/772.