Alpha Delta Phi house in Amherst

Image

lov0069_1.jpg

Title

Alpha Delta Phi house in Amherst

Subject

Amherst (Mass.)

Description

View of the Alpha Delta Phi house, contructed in 1890 on the north corner of Pleasant and Sellen Streets, with the old chapter house (the Sellon house) visible behind it. The materials used in construction were Elyria sandstone, pressed brick, and terra cotta. This chapter was the first Greek-letter fraternity at Amherst College, and was established in 1837.

Creator

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903

Publisher

Jones Library Special Collections

Date

Circa 1890

Rights

This digital file may be used for educational purposes, as long as it is not altered in any way. Prior written permission is required for any other use of the digital files from the Jones Library.

Relation

Is part of the John Lovell Photograph Collection. Jones Library Special Collections

Format

image/jpeg

Language

English

Type

Photographs

Identifier

LOV0069

Original Format

Photograph

Physical Dimensions

3.9 x 5.9 in.

Condition

good

Citation

Lovell, John L., 1825-1903, “Alpha Delta Phi house in Amherst,” Digital Amherst, accessed October 23, 2019, http://digitalamherst.org/items/show/158.