Browse Items (10 total)

  • Tags: Town Hall

lov0312.jpg
View looking east down Main Street from the Amherst House. Phoenix Row is in the left and Town Hall is on the right. The clock is not installed in the Town Hall tower.

lov0290.jpg
View of the block which stood on the site where Town Hall now stands. It burned to the ground during the Blizzard of 1888. It was often referred to as the "Opera House" due to the large hall on the third floor which was the venue for concerts and…

lov0289.jpg
View of the block which stood on the site where Town Hall now stands. It burned to the ground during the Blizzard of 1888. It was often referred to as the "Opera House" due to the large hall on the third floor which was the venue for concerts and…

lov0288.jpg
View of the block which stood on the site where Town Hall now stands. It burned to the ground during the Blizzard of 1888. It was often referred to as the "Opera House" due to the large hall on the third floor which was the venue for concerts and…

lov0287.jpg
View of the newly constructed Town Hall. This may be the earliest photograph after the completion of Town Hall. The clock has not been installed and there are no bushes planted in front. There is a partial view of the Grace Episcopal Church rectory…

lov0286.jpg
View of the newly constructed Town Hall and Main Street. Ivy has been planted and is just beginning to grow up the front of the building. The clock has not been installed and there is a partial view of the Grace Episcopal Church rectory on the right.…

lov0092_1.jpg
Amherst Town Hall was erected in 1889, and cost $58,000. The architect was H.S. McKay of Boston. This photograph was taken before the clock was installed in 1900.

lov0087_1.jpg
View looking east from the Amherst House showing Phoenix Row with Cook's Block in the foreground. Includes a partial view of Town Hall before the clock was installed in 1900.

lov0018.jpg
View of the Amherst Town Hall and the Amherst College Alpha Delta Phi fraternity house.

lov0012.jpg
This building was constructed on the site of the Palmer Block, which was destroyed by fire during the Blizzard of 1888. It was designed by Henry S. McKay of Boston. Construction was completed in November 1890. The clock is installed in the tower in…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2