Browse Items (9 total)

  • Tags: Taverns

Whipple House and Garage.jpg
Keily Brothers Ford Sales and Service is on the left and the Jones Library, when it was in operation in the Whipple House, is on the right. Next to the Jones Library is the delicatessen of Louis Pappas, and next to that is the house in which Pappas…

N Pleasant Street aerial view.jpg
Aerial view of the west side of North Pleasant Street south to Amity Street. The building which was the Elm Tree Inn, and which housed the Amherst Tavern, was the first house at the center of the photograph. The top of the Amherst House is visible in…

lov0477.jpg
View of dilapidated Conkey's Tavern showing the lean-to which housed the kitchen in back. Excerpted from short history on back of photograph: "This historic tavern was built in 1758 by William Conkey, in the deep valley, midway between Pelham East…

lov0476.jpg
Front view of Conkey's Tavern in Pelham.

lov0475.jpg
Front and left-side view of dilapidated Conkey's Tavern showing the gently rolling hill it rests upon.

lov0474.jpg
Front view of dilapidated Conkey's Tavern in Pelham.

lov0383.jpg
View of the first incarnation of the Amherst House. It was previously known as the Boltwood Tavern. The establishment was sold in 1838 and the building was enlarged and the name changed to the Amherst House. There were community dinners held in the…

lov0382.jpg
View of the first incarnation of the Amherst House. It was previously known as the Boltwood Tavern. The establishment was sold in 1838 and the name was changed to the Amherst House. It provided lodging for travelers coming by stage from Northampton,…

lov0380.jpg
View of the first incarnation of the Amherst House. It was previously known as the Boltwood Tavern. The establishment was sold in 1838 and the name was changed to the Amherst House. It provided lodging for travelers coming by stage from Northampton,…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2