Browse Items (95 total)

  • Tags: Churches

AmherstRecordHomeAlmanac1877Resized.pdf
Almanac "containing matters of local interest, local business announcements...also some pages of miscellaneous reading." Includes a chronology of notable events (both local and national) for 1876, Amherst marriages and deaths for the year, statistics…

NorthChurch.jpg
Looking north toward Montague Road with North Congregational Church in the foreground.

1st Church Articles of Faith.pdf
Articles of faith and government of the First Church in Amherst, Mass. Adopted February 13, 1834. Printed by J. S. and C. Adams, 1850.

SPC489A.jpg
View looking toward the Old Chapel and the area where the Fine Arts Center is currently located.

StBrigids.jpg
St. Bridget's Church was the first Catholic church building in Amherst. It was home to the Catholic community in Amherst from 1871 to 1925. It was then used as a hall for a couple of years before being sold in 1927 and subsequently remodeled and…

RemodellingOfOldSt.BridgetsChurch.jpg
Old St. Bridget's Church (renamed St. Brigid's) on North Pleasant Street viewed during the process of remodeling. From 1925 to 1927 (after the new church building was constructed) it was called St. Brigid's Hall. It was then sold and remodeled into…

First Congregational Church Construction.jpg
Construction of the First Congregational Church on Main Street in the winter of 1867. This building was the fourth meetinghouse constructed by the congregation. Edward Dickinson (Emily's father) gave a speech at its dedication.

lov1065.jpg
View of the First Baptist Church and adjacent houses from the Town Common.

lov1064.jpg
View of pews and the organ inside First Congregational Church.

Tags: ,

lov1063.jpg
Exterior view of the First Congregational Church of Amherst from across Main Street.

Tags: ,

lov1062.jpg
Exterior view of the First Congregational Church of Amherst from across Main Street.

Tags: ,

lov1061.jpg
Exterior view of the First Congregational Church of Amherst from across Main Street.

Tags: ,

lov1060.jpg
View looking over pews toward the pulpit in front from the center aisle.

Tags: ,

lov1059.jpg
This wooden church, initially named St. Bridget's, was constructed on North Pleasant Street in 1871 to accomodate the increasing numbers of Irish Catholics who came and settled in Amherst. The building was purchased by Frank T. Turcotte in 1927 for…

Tags: ,

lov1058.jpg
View of Grace Episcopal Church and rectory from the Town Common.

Tags: ,

Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2