Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Amherst House

jones_library_amherst_house_hotel.jpg
Exterior of the Amherst House Hotel. The Jones Library was housed on the second floor until the building burned in 1926.

jones_library_childrens_room_amherst_house.jpg
View of the busy children's room of the Jones Library when the library was located in the Amherst House hotel.

jones_library_cornerstone_ceremony.jpg
View at the ceremony for the laying of the cornerstone for the Jones Library. Pictured from left to right: Tony (Michael Angelo), who was in charge of stone work; Allen H. Cox, Architect; Casper Ranger Construction Company man; Mr. Moriarty,…

jones_library_fire_1926.jpg
This image shows the smoldering scene the morning after the fire that decimated the Amherst House on the evening of December 9, 1926.

jones_library_amherst_house_story_hour.jpg
While the Jones Library was housed at the Amherst House these children enjoyed story hour.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2