Browse Items (48 total)

  • Tags: Amherst

amherst_relocated_houses_marsh_house_1989_tbt.jpg
Mar 23, 1989, moving #109 Main St. to new site enar the rail road opposite Sweetser park. Police Chief D m Maia in black hat. Masonic Hall, Town Hall in background.

dickinson_emily_photograph_lavinia_with_cat_tbt.jpg
View of a middle-aged, smiling Lavinia Dickinson standing outside on the homestead porch holding one of her many cats.

lacroix_lac0156_19760710_common_market_tbt.jpg
Photograph of two women looking at vegetables at the Amherst Common Market (now known as the Farmers' Market) in Amherst, Massachusetts

amherst_record_19690716_clubs_organizations_boys_girls_rockateer_club_takeoff_tbt.jpg
Dow Holden and Raymond Cicia, members of a club of amateur rocketeers in East Amherst, ignite a solid-fuel rocket from a launch pad near Dow's home on Main St in Amherst.

amherst_record_events_holidays_fourth_of_july_south_amherst_parade_tbt.jpg
Photograph of the South Amherst Fourth of July parade with a girl riding a horse holding a American flag and wearing an eagle as a hat. Other costumed children are in the background

Parking and Jones Library 1928.jpg
View of the east side of the library and the First National Bank with street parking for both cars and horses.

jones_library_192701_whipple_house.jpg
The Whipple House, which once housed the Jones Library. "Jan 1927" is written on the bottom right of the photo.

jones_library_renovation.jpg
Construction on the addition to The Jones Library in the early 1990's.

Boltwood Historical and Genealogical Room.jpg
The Boltwood Room. Caption on reverse reads, "The Boltwood Room- a genealogical and historical collection, once owned by the Boltwood family."

jones_library_1932_cars_outside.jpg
The exterior of The Jones Library in the 1930s with 3 cars parked outside. Caption on reverse reads, "c. 1932"

Adult reading room 1968.jpg
The adult reading room of the Jones Library in 1968.

jones_library_amherst_house_hotel.jpg
Exterior of the Amherst House Hotel. The Jones Library was housed on the second floor until the building burned in 1926.

jones_library_19271203_under_construction.jpg
Jones Library under construction with a car parked in front and Mr. Dolan, the architect standing in front. The caption on the reverse reads, "Taken from the south side of Amity street looking North. Mr. Dolan (French Canadian) foreman, standing in…

jones_library_former_amherst_room.jpg
The former Amherst Room which was converted to the Sidney Waugh room (now housing Technical Services) in 1968.This room once housed the library’s local authors collection, the Amherst imprint collection, and miscellaneous local history materials.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2