Browse Items (26 total)

  • Collection: Lincoln Barnes Photograph Collection

barnes_bar0013038_harris_barnes_boat_three_rowboats_tbt.jpg
Photograph of Harris Barnes' boat and three rowboats on a lake at Camp Coolidge, a boy scout camp on Lake Neesoponsett in North Dana, Massachusetts. Harris and Prayne Barnes are in the boat.

Parking and Jones Library 1928.jpg
View of the east side of the library and the First National Bank with street parking for both cars and horses.

barnes_bar0458004_mead_art_gallery_interior.jpg
One of the rooms in the Mead Art Museum, with a fireplace and long table.

barnes_CandyKitchenInCarpentersHall_tbt.jpg
Located behind the commercial blocks on the north side of upper Main Street in Amherst where Bueno Y Sano is now located, the College Candy Kitchen temporarily operated out of Carpenter's Hall (middle building on right) after a fire destroyed the…

Loitering_at_Amherst_House2R.jpg
The Amherst House Block stood at the corner of South Pleasant and Amity Streets. The Amherst House Hotel was in operation on the upper levels and a number of businesses were located on the street level. Note the Jones Library signs on the second…

CandyKitchenInCarpentersHall.jpg
This is the area behind the commercial blocks on the north side of upper Main Street in Amherst where Bueno Y Sano is now located. The College Candy Kitchen was located in the Nash Block before the fire in February of 1928 destroyed the building. The…

Commercial blocks, Main Street.jpg
Main Street businesses from Cook's Block east to the Lincoln Building. Visible businesses include W. F. Aubuchon Co., Town House Restaurant, Douglass-Marsh Furniture, The Gift Nook, and Bosco Cleaners. The two businesses on the left side of the…

Roberts_Flower_Shop.jpg
View of the small flower shop run by William Roberts and Cora Farmer located just north of Cowles Lane. This house was incorporated into the business block that exists now and became Knowles Flower Shop.

AmherstBoysClubCleanupDay.jpg
Members of the Amherst Boys Club working on a project on Cleanup Day. Boys are at work shoveling dirt near a parked a two-horse cart filled with dirt. Kellogg Avenue School is in the background.

AmherstBoysClubFridayNightMembers.jpg
Group portrait of members of the Amherst Boys Club with the clubhouse in the background. Written on back: "A portion of the Friday p.m. Boys Club. We have a membership of 45 boys representing all churches - Protestant, Catholic, Jewish."

Paige'sGarageAndCrew.jpg
Photograph of the owners and employees of Paige's Garage standing before the gas pumps. This was a Socony station. Socony was a shortened name for Standard Oil Company of New York. The horse Pegasus, the oil company logo, is visible on the pumps and…

RemodellingOfOldSt.BridgetsChurch.jpg
Old St. Bridget's Church (renamed St. Brigid's) on North Pleasant Street viewed during the process of remodeling. From 1925 to 1927 (after the new church building was constructed) it was called St. Brigid's Hall. It was then sold and remodeled into…

LookingsouthfromMountPleasant.jpg
View south from Mount Pleasant with the gambrel-roofed Davenport Inn (renamed the Mount Pleasant Inn in 1936) and North Pleasant Street on the right. Looking down a gently rolling hill dotted with shrubs and small trees.

BAR2316_MainSt_JudgesBlock.jpg
View of Peter Suprenant's market store and Sing Lee Laundry in Judges Block on Main Street. Judges Block is located just east of Town Hall. This building was originally located on the site of Town Hall and called Palmer Block.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2